The summer is already heating up with our massive producer beat battle brought to you by Crate Kings and Zoom In Online.
For this event legendary producer K-Def has agreed to lend his studio expertise to our group of hard working musical craftsmen. Make sure you take advantage of the opportunity to have your beat judged and critiqued by the man responsible classic hits from such artists as Real Live, Lords of The Underground, Diddy, Ghostface, and UGK.
- 1st place- A 12 Month Membership to ZIO Pro featuring access to all DMTS Titles as well as the ZIO Pro Welcome kit. ( Welcome kit is 16 DVD’s with over 70 hours of training) (Cash Value: Membership:$299 Welcome Kit:$1200+)
- 2nd place- A DMTS Jumpstart : Logic Studio Bundle ( Logic Pro / Maintstage / Soundtrack Pro 2) (Cash Value: $139)
- 3rd place- A DMTS Jumpstart : Logic Pro 8 DVD (Cash Value: $59)
Zoom In Online
Zoom in Online is the thinking person’s guide to entertainment. We offer daily coverage of the latest happenings in culture, entertainment and technology through regularly published videos, podcasts and blogs. We want you to be inspired. We want you to be informed. We want you to discover new things. The media landscape is a pretty incredible place; explore it all on any of the four channels on our network: Film & Video, Music & Audio, Photography & Design or Web & Interactive.
ZIO Pro – Zoom In Online’s Membership for Creative Professionals.
With a ZIO Pro membership, you’ll have one convenient online destination for all your career needs: log on and access exclusive coverage of the hottest new projects, current events, exclusive job listings, and an award-winning library of video-based training showing you first-hand how to use the latest technology. Also included is a ZIO Pro Member ‘welcome kit’ with 16 of our best DMTS training DVD’s. That’s over 70 hours of training individually valued at over $1200.
Rules & Guidelines:
- Competition is open to all producers both sampling and non-sampling. Entrants may utilize any sound or sample source they find suitable for their entry. The only restriction is your skill and creativity.
- Entrants may submit (1) beat which must be an instrumental track in the 80 – 110 bpm range.
- Each contestant must have a minimum of 10 forum posts to participate in the battle.
- When you’ve finished your beat, upload to Zshare and submit your entry in the Crate Kings forum thread located here!
All entries must be received and posted in the forums by Friday, July 4, 2008 at 12a.m. EST.
All entries will solely be judged by guest producer K-Def with pertinent feedback being provided by the judge wherever applicable. The decision of the guest judge K-Def is final and will be announced within a reasonable time frame following the July 4th submission deadline. Please direct any questions to the Crate Kings forums.