M-Audio has announced the ProFire 610 FireWire audio interface, which extends the legacy of the FireWire 410. ??
In response to demand from customers needing a compact unit, the ProFire 610 audio interface was created using many of the same design elements found in the flagship ProFire 2626 interface and features 24-bit/192kHz audio resolution, M-Audio® Octane preamp technology and onboard DSP mixing in a bus-powered unit.?? The ProFire 610 is compatible with both PC and Mac w/ 6-inputs and 10 outputs??.
ProFire 610 Firewire Inteface Features:?
- Up to 24-bit/192kHz for high-definition audio
- ?Flexible onboard DSP mixer?2 preamps with award-winning M-Audio Octane technology?
- 6 unique inputs including
- 10 unique outputs including?
- 2 ¼” TRS headphone outputs with independent volume controls?
- Built-in 1 x 1 MIDI interface?
- 2 FireWire (IEEE 1394) ports?
- JetPLL jitter elimination technology for stable synchronization
- ?Standalone operation as 2 mic pre/2-channel A/D-D/A converter
- ?User-assignable master volume knob for total control over output levels
- ?Powered via FireWire bus or external power supply
- ?Half-rack-space form factor fits in Universal Rack Tray?
- Compatible with most major audio software??
The ProFire 610 interface is currently expected to ship Fall 2008 with a list price of $499.95.
See M-Audio for more info.